1. Long Island Lutheran (11-1)
2. Holy Trinity (8-4)
3. Sacred Heart (11-4)
4. Massapequa (8-1)
5. Baldwin (5-1)
6. Kellenberg (6-4)
7. North Shore (8-1)
8. MacArthur (5-1)
9. Floral Park (7-1)
10. Manhasset (7-1)
Top 10 Public Schools:
1. Massapequa (8-1) the Chiefs take over the top spot amongst the public schools after wins against Freeport and Farmingdale last week. Massapequa takes on lowly Hempstead and Syosset this week and could start to create some space in the Conference AA-I standings.
2. Baldwin (5-1) the Bruins beat up on Hicksville and defeated top-league competitor MacArthur 52-42 last week. Alex Hampton had 21 points, seven rebounds and four assists against the Generals. Baldwin hosts Plainview and goes to Port Washington this week.
3. North Shore (8-1) it was just another week for the Vikings with wins over Island Trees and Roosevelt. The quest for an undefeated league season continues against Seaford and Valley Stream North this week.
4. MacArthur (5-1) the Generals beat Port Washington and lost to Baldwin. MacArthur hosts Valley Stream Central and travels to East Meadow.
5. Floral Park (7-1) the Knights had the best week in the county with huge wins against Manhasset and Lynbrook. Kaela Hilaire had a 24 points against Manhasset and tied the game late with Lynbrook. Valerie Fox is shutting down scorers and this young team now has a big advantage going forward.
6. Manhasset (7-1) the Indians lost for the first time this season against Floral Park. Halle Majorana had 15 points but nobody could stop Kaela Hilaire. Tuesday’s game with Lynbrook will feature one of the great individual battles on a court this season in Brooke Gerstman vs. Majorana and give the winner a huge advantage in the standings.
7. Uniondale (4-4) Aliyah McDonald had 18 points and eight assists and Sakara Hester-Torres had 15 points and eight assists in a 54-28 win against Oceanside. The Knights have a huge week ahead as they travel to Freeport Tuesday and host Farmingdale Friday.
8. Garden City (6-2) the Trojans were upset at home against Wantagh 35-29. Sam Auricchio didn’t play and Christina Mangels came off the bench but a loss is a loss and 29 points is not good no matter who’s playing. Jericho and Roslyn await this week.
9. Freeport (5-3) Monique Jones scored 20 points and had six assists in a win over Oceanside. Freeport fell to Massapequa but there’s no shame in that. Uniondale comes to down Tuesday and a trip to Farmingdale awaits next week which will sort out a lot of who’s going to take second in the league.
10. Lynbrook (5-3) the Owls cruised past Glen Cove but were upset by Floral Park on the road. Tuesday’s home game with Manhasset is going to be pivotal.
On the bubble:
Farmingdale (5-1), Sewanhaka (6-2), Wantagh (5-3)