1. Long Island Lutheran (13-2)
2. Holy Trinity (11-4)
3. Sacred Heart (12-5)
4. Massapequa (11-1)
5. Baldwin (10-1)
6. North Shore (11-1)
7. MacArthur (9-1)
8. Uniondale (8-4)
9. Kellenberg (7-5)
10. Floral Park (10-2)
Top 10 Public Schools:
1. Massapequa (11-1) the Chiefs cruised past Oceanside last week behind Danielle Doherty’s 17 points and five assists. This biggest game of the season is this Friday’s trip to Uniondale. A Massapequa win all but guarantees a Conference AA-I title.
2. Baldwin (10-1) Alex Hampton (above) had 21 points to pace the Bruins past Valley Stream Central. Baldwin picks up against lowly East Meadow on Friday.
3. North Shore (11-1) freshman Samantha Capobianco had career-highs with 11 points and 11 rebounds in a 90-61 win over Mineola. North Shore takes a trip to Clarke on Friday.
4. MacArthur (9-1) the Generals marched past Hicksville and Calhoun to take over sole possession of second place in Conference AA-II. A trip to Plainview JFK on Friday will serve as a nice tune up after a week off.
5. Uniondale (8-4) Aliyah McDonald’s 18 points and Jayda Hyatt’s 15 points helped the Knights edge Syosset 49-44 last week. Uniondale has a chance to split a Conference AA-I title if they can hold serve against Massapequa at home Friday.
6. Floral Park (10-2) the Knights took out some frustration against Valley Stream South and Glen Cove last week, winning by a combined 70 points. The competitiveness of Friday’s game with Manhasset will depend on the status of Halle Majorana.
7. Lynbrook (8-3) Brooke Gerstman had 27 points and 10 rebounds against Great Neck North in a 55-39 win. The Owls take a trip to Valley Stream South on Friday.
8. Garden City (10-2) the Trojans picked up perhaps their best win of the season last week in a 59-30 rout of New Hyde Park, holding Kristen Korzevinski to nine points in the process. Revenge will be on Garden City’s mind Friday as a Conference A-I title is on the line at Wantagh.
9. Sewanhaka (10-2) Celine Jolicoeur’s 25 points, eight rebounds and six assists helped make easy work of Bethpage. Sewanhaka goes to Hewlett on Firday.
10. Wantagh (9-3) the Warriors crack the Top 10 this week after running through Conference A-I unscathed so far. None of Wantagh’s non-league losses from early in the year are bad (Sewanhaka, Lynbrook, Freeport) and they’ll matter very little for seeding. Another win over Garden City would all but seal a Conference A-I championship.
On the bubble:
Farmingdale (7-2), Freeport (6-5), Manhasset (9-3), Herricks (10-1), New Hyde Park (6-5), Mepham (8-3), Bethpage (10-2)