1. Long Island Lutheran (14-3)
2. Holy Trinity (13-5)
3. Massapequa (12-1)
4. Sacred Heart (12-5)
5. Baldwin (10-1)
6. North Shore (12-1)
7. MacArthur (10-1)
8. Uniondale (8-5)
9. Floral Park (10-2)
10. Kellenberg (8-6)
Top 10 Public Schools:
1. Massapequa (12-1) the Chiefs showed why they are the team to beat, defeating Uniondale 53-39 and all but guaranteeing a Conference AA-I title. Danielle Doherty (above) and Morgan Roessler each had 12 points and Taylor Byrne had 10 points in the win. This is a tough week with games against Freeport and Farmingdale but the Chiefs won the first meetings by 10 and 24 respectively.
2. Baldwin (11-1) the Bruins got back in the swing of things with a 58-28 win over East Meadow. The Conference AA-II title will be decided this week as Baldwin hosts Hicksville on Tuesday and then travels to MacArthur on Friday.
3. North Shore (12-1) Erin Sheerin had 11 of her 12 points in the first half of Friday’s 72-44 win over Clarke. Tuesday’s game with Island Trees is the last realistic hurdle to an undefeated league season for the Vikings.
4. MacArthur (10-1) Courtney Noakes had 14 points and six rebounds in a 49-27 win over Plainview JFK. The Generals take on Port Washington, who they beat 55-51 in overtime the first time around, and then host Baldwin Friday in what could end up being the Conference title game.
5. Uniondale (8-5) no shame at all for the Knights in Friday’s 53-39 loss to Massapequa. Aliyah McDonald had 11 points and Sakara Hester-Torres added 10 points but it was not enough against the extremely deep Chiefs. Uniondale travels to Oceanside on Tuesday.
6. Floral Park (10-2) the Knights had a week off and return with Manhasset Tuesday which could prove to be a trap game with a trip to Lynbrook looming Friday for the outright Conference A-III lead.
7. Lynbrook (9-3) the Owls took it easy in a 56-24 win over Valley Stream South. A trip to lowly Glen Cove Tuesday will allow Lynbrook to focus all of their attention on Friday’s rematch with Floral Park.
8. Garden City (11-2) the Trojans avenged their earlier loss to Wantagh, defeating the Warriors 43-29 behind Sam Auricchio’s 14 points. An easy week against Jericho and Roslyn will only further solidify Garden City’s spot as the probable 2 or 3 seed in the playoffs.
9. Sewanhaka (11-2) Shantell McCall’s 18 points and 13 rebounds helped set the pace in a 64-56 win over Hewlett. Tuesday’s game with Division won’t be easy.
10. Wantagh (9-4) the Warriors fell to Garden City and split the season series. Wantagh can’t afford to get down because another loss would mean a huge drop in playoff seeds. South Side and Jericho are up this week.
On the bubble:
Farmingdale (8-2), Freeport (7-5), Manhasset (10-3), Herricks (11-1), Hicksville, (9-3), Mepham (9-3), Island Trees (10-2)