1. Long Island Lutheran (14-4)
2. Holy Trinity (14-5)
3. Sacred Heart (13-7)
4. Baldwin (13-1)
5. Massapequa (13-2)
6. North Shore (14-1)
7. MacArthur (11-2)
8. Kellenberg (10-6)
9. Uniondale (9-5)
10. Lynbrook (11-3)
Top 10 Public Schools:
1. Baldwin (13-1) the Bruins are one win away from a Conference AA-II title after they defeated MacArthur for a second time on Friday. Baldwin has won 10 straight and is now the likely No. 1 seed after Massapequa’s loss.
2. Massapequa (13-2) the Chiefs suffered a 53-46 loss to Freeport as Danielle Doherty had 27 points but the rest of the team had just three field goals. Massapequa recovered with a 48-18 win over Farmingdale on Friday. The Chiefs can clinch the Conference AA-I title with a wn Tuesday at Hempstead but the league loss means a No. 1 seed is most likely Baldwin’s to lose.
3. North Shore (14-1) the Vikings may have played their best game of the year in Tuesday’s 77-48 win over Island Trees with 12 players scoring in a dominant performance. North Shore sealed the Conference A-IV title on Saturday and are a virtual lock as the No. 1 seed.
4. MacArthur (11-2) Courtney Noakes had 17 points and six rebounds in a 64-30 win over Port Washington to start the week but the Generals fell to Baldwin for the second time. No shame in MacArthur’s losses to Baldwin, both were close games. The Generals will battle with Uniondale and Freeport for the No. 3 seed.
5. Uniondale (9-5) the Knights cruised past Oceanside 57-34 behind 15 points from Jayda Hyatt. Uniondale is still technically alive for a Conference title but would need a lot of help from Massapequa. The Knights host Freeport in a game likely to decide a first-round bye vs. No. 5 seed.
6. Lynbrook (11-3) the Owls came back to grind out a 49-44 win over Floral Park Friday. Brooke Gerstman had 23 points as Lynbrook avenged its only league loss and took sole possession of first place in Conference A-III. The Owls can clinch the conference with a win at Manhasset on Tuesday and have a very intriguing game with Sacred Heart Saturday.
7. Garden City (13-2) the Trojans dispatched Jericho and Roslyn by a combined 49 points last week. Garden City is going to battle Wantagh for the Conference title until the end and has road games with South Side and New Hyde Park this week.
8. Sewanhaka (13-2) Celine Jolicoeur had 13 of her 20 points in a fourth quarter comeback win over Division on Tuesday and led the way with 14 points against Plainedge. Sewanhaka can clinch a Conference A-II title with a win against Bethpage Tuesday.
9. Freeport (10-5) Monique Jones had 23 points in a 53-46 win over Massapequa. Tuesday’s trip to Uniondale is tremendously important to the postseason with a first-round bye likely on the line.
10. Wantagh (11-4) the Warriors got back on a winning track against South Side and Jericho last week. Wantagh goes to New Hyde Park and then hosts Roslyn this week.
On the bubble:
Floral Park (11-3), Farmingdale (9-3), Elmont (10-4), Cold Spring Harbor (11-2)