1. Kellenberg (4-1): The Firebirds began the week in the Lady Blazers Holiday Classic on Tuesday and lost 76-38 to St. John’s College High School (D.C.), which has three Division I players and lost its only game to Bergtraum, which is ranked No. 9 in the country by USA Today. Kellenberg bounced back to hand St. Francis Prep its first loss of the season, 58-44. Emma O’Connor had 25 points, 10 rebounds, three blocked shots and three steals and Katie Cunningham had 15 points and six assists.
2. Long Island Lutheran (8-1): The Crusaders won two games in the Big Apple Christmas Classic at Bishop Ford High School. Jessica DeNicola had 21 points and 17 rebounds in a 66-39 win over St. Mary-Bayview (R.I.) and Paige Kriftcher had 20 points and four assists in a 73-21 win over Bishop Loughlin (Brooklyn). Then the Crusaders beat Uniondale, 62-41, on Saturday. Taylor Brown had 20 points, six assists and five steals.
3. St. Mary’s (6-1): The Gaels had an impressive 60-36 win over Midwood (Brooklyn) on Sunday in the Aviator Winter Classic in Brooklyn. Shannon Flynn had 31 points and five assists and Maddy Jankowski scored 22 points, including six three-pointers. St. Mary’s will host Holy Trinity on Tuesday.
4. Holy Trinity (6-2): The Titans went 1-1 at the Holly and Hoops Tournament in Maryland and then defeated St. Francis Prep (Queens), 57-34, in the final of the Holy Trinity Holliday Tournament. Tournament MVP Kelly Carey had 21 points, four assists and four steals.
5. Division (6-0): Nicolette Parmese had 10 points and 11 rebounds in a 62-23 win over Bethpage. Division also has wins over South Side, which just handed Garden City its first loss, and Uniondale. Parmese racked up 23 points and 11 rebounds in the game against Uniondale on Dec. 7. Julie Ballantyne has scored in double digits in all but one game
6. Garden City (6-1): The Trojans they can play with the best when the blew out Ward Melville earlier this year. They're only loss so far was to South Side, when they played without Diana Leondis, who is suffering from a high ankle sprain. Leondis, though, will be out for one to two weeks, a big loss for GC.
7. Uniondale (4-4): Uniondale is undefeated in the toughest conference in the county (AA-1), with losses thanks to an increasingly tough, CHSAA-riddled non-league schedule. Ifeanyi Ofili scored 24 against Calhoun and she's averaging about 15 a game.
8. South Side (6-2): South Side defeated St. Dominic and Christina Merrifield had 25 points and nine rebounds in the Dec. 18 game against Wantagh. They're 6-2 overall.
9. Baldwin (6-1): Baldwin just defeated Massapequa, with their only loss of the season coming in an aberration against Locust Valley.
10. Lynbrook (5-3): Lynbrook has persevered despite starting the season with a severly difficult non-league schedule, courtesy of Lu-High and Kellenberg. Their only league loss comes against GC. They're led by Brooke Gerstman and Shannon Doody, who lit up Elmont in December, scoring 25 and 18 respectively.