1. Kellenberg (7-4): The Firebirds went 1-2 to fall from the top spot in the Long Island top 10. They lost to Sachem East, defeated St. Dominic and then lost to St. John the Baptist, 47-44. The Firebirds didn’t trail the entire game until the final minute when SJB went ahead, 45-44. The Firebirds are still in the mix for first place in the CHSAA.
2. Long Island Lutheran (13-2): The Crusaders had just one game and lost on Sunday to New Rochelle at the Kennedy Challenge, 52-46.
3. St. Mary’s (11-3): The Gaels went 3-0 last week defeating St. Francis Prep, Our Lady of Mercy and a tough Sacred Heart team. Maddy Jankowski scored 25 points in the 74-62 win over Sacred Heart.
4. Garden City (11-2): Diana Leondis scored 22 points for the Trojans in a 44-39 win over Lynbrook on Friday. They are tied with Division for the lead in Conference ABC-I and the teams meet on Feb. 2.
5. Division (11-1): Division continues to shine in ABC-I and, other than a misstep against Lynbrook, has been untouched this year. Time will tell whether it’ll be able to topple Garden City with its well-rounded cast of scorers.
6. Uniondale (9-5): Uniondale is riding high on a three-game win streak, propelled by (who else?) Ifeanyi Ofili and Aliyah McDonald.
7. Holy Trinity (8-6): Trinity pulled out a victory against White Plains, 41-33 at the JFK Tournament in the Bronx despite injuries to five players. Once healthy, the Titans will be lethal once more.
8. Baldwin (11-2): Baldwin is on a four-game win streak. They may not be winning big, but with Ws against O-Side, Massapequa, Farmingdale and MacArthur, Baldwin is slowly crawling up AA-I.
9. Lynbrook (9-5): Lynbrook is so far the only team to defeat Division. That alone is enough for a spot on this list. Brooke Gerstman scored 26.
10. Sacred Heart (4-5): Don’t be surprised if Sacred Heart plays spoiler down the line. Despite their record, the scrappy team is known for a full-court press that can neutralize even tough teams. Taylor Higgins scored 27 in a loss to St. Mary’s.