1. Half Hollow Hills (18-1): They dominated Long Island volleyball all season, losing only to an excellent McQuaid Jesuit team in the Division I state finals. Led by seniors James Barone, Cody Lau, Chris Kaimis, Mike DeGrazia and Remy Janco, the Thundercolts were a well-oiled machine that took the Suffolk title for a third straight time and were never even pushed five sets in the process.
2. Smithtown East (18-1): Undefeated in Suffolk's deep League II, they had the misfortune of having to face Hills in the county finals. But beating Northport, Bay Shore and Smithtown West twice apiece... that is impressive.
3. Eastport-South Manor (19-2)- The Division II state finalists ran roughshod over the small school Suffolk competition.
4. Massapequa (14-2): Defeated Plainview JFK in a five-set epic to win their second Nassau Class A title in a row before being swept by Hills in the Regionals. The scary thing: their two best players, Christian Smith and Chris Husmann, return next year.
5. Plainview JFK (14-2): Both losses were five-setters to Massapequa. Not much separated those two teams.
6. Lindenhurst (12-6): Held a 2-0 lead over Smithtown East in Suffolk semis before falling in five.
7. Bellmore JFK (16-1): Nassau's three-time Class B champs gave Eastport a scare in the Regional finals, taking them to five sets. In short time, the Cougars have established themselves as one of Nassau's premier programs.
8. Northport (18-2): Took a big step up from '09, earning a four-seed in the Suffolk Division I playoffs before falling to Hills in the semis.
9. Bay Shore (12-5): Fun Fact: They went 4-1 in five-set matches.
10. Smithtown West (8-8): They had the misfortune of drawing Hills in the Suffolk quarters. Took Northport to five sets twice during the regular season.
The Next Five
12. Sachem North
14. Port Washington
15. West Islip