Some forward thinking for a Friday:
1. Will be very surprised if Martin Biron doesn't start against the Senators in the Saturday matinee. Biron was very good in The Peg and Lundqvist, who has been terrific under the spotlight since Sweden, needs a breather before the Sharks swim into town.
2. Just like last season, Rangers are having trouble finishing. And, as you watch other clubs, the Blueshirts could use a dash of speed. Me, I'd bring up Zuccarello and Hagelin soon, as I've suggested before. Use Zuke on the PP and Hagelin on the fourth line. Team needs some new blood.
3. Banners won't persuade Torts or Slats to bring Sean Avery back unless he consistently lights up the AHL. I lke Avery, and obviously, he's popular with a segment of fans. He's supposed to be agitating for the first time tonight down there.
4. Eric Christensen? Not working here. He's an Edmonton guy, wants to eventually retire there. Could be part of a deal. Not expensive, final year of contract.
5. If Mike Rupp's knee is becoming an issue, sit him longer or scope him. See above with Zuke and Hagelin. Or Mitchell.
6. Speaking of breaks, I've got a maintenance day after writing and blogging and interviewing and dragging an achy left leg through Canada for 14 of the last 15 days. The Real Anthony Reiber fills in for me at practice at noon. I'll pass along his coverage and observations.
Remember to follow me here: http://twitter.com/stevezipay