More material/thoughts/stats that didn’t get in the paper because of space.
1. True this: "I think the intensity is only going to rise from here,” said Zach Parise. “There's a lot at stake and I think we're ready for that."
2. The Rangers appear to have no answers for the Devils starts. Have a feeling Brandon Dubinsky will dress for Game 5. Rangers need his passion and physical play.
3. Del Zotto, whose grandmother died on Saturday, played just 11:39 and only a couple shifts in 2nd and 3rd. “He hasn’t had many games like that all year,” Torts said. “We had an extra D dressed. We just let him watch. He’ll bounce back.”
4. Artem Anisimov struggled, and played just 6:17. Marian Gaborik, one of the better Rangers, had five shots and battled on the walls.
5. There were 66 minutes in penalties, 43 by the Rangers.
6. Brad Richards and Del Zotto assisted on Fedotenko’s goal.
7. A days after Tortorella complained about the Devils diving and illegal picks, the Rangers had one power play.
8. Marc Staal on the shenanigans in the third: "You keep on playing and keep competing, that stuff happens sometimes."
9. Rangers are practicing at MSG at 2 p.m. tomorrow.
10. Devils won faceoff battle 52 percent to 48.
11. My stars for Rangers? None.