TODAY'S PAPER
Clear 43° Good Afternoon
Clear 43° Good Afternoon
SportsMixed Martial Arts

Conor McGregor still off UFC 200 after no-showing press conference, Dana White says

UFC president Dana White speaks beside an empty

UFC president Dana White speaks beside an empty chair where Conor McGregor was supposed to sit during a news conference for UFC 200, Friday, April 22, 2016, in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/John Locher) Photo Credit: AP

LAS VEGAS — Conor McGregor’s seat was vacant, and so now is his spot headlining the big UFC 200 card this summer.

The Irish fighter was a no-show at a press conference Friday promoting the card, and UFC President Dana White said he would not fight Nate Diaz in a rematch on top of the July 9 card in Las Vegas.

White said McGregor’s refusal to travel from his training camp in Iceland to the MGM Grand to appear at the press conference and do other things to promote the fight means he won’t have a chance to avenge his loss last month at UFC 200.

Not to be outdone, McGregor tweeted that he made the owners of UFC $400 million in the last eight months and shouldn’t have had to attend the press conference.

New York Sports