Yesterday, we told you about Strikeforce's Los Angeles card featuring Robbie Lawler, Bobby Lashley and KJ Noons in June.
Today, Strikeforce announced Lawler's opponent: Renato "Babalu" Sobral.
They'll meet at a catchweight of 195 pounds.
For recent MMA fans who are not yet familiar with Sobral, here's a quick rundown:
- His last fight was Dec. 19, 2009, where he lost the Strikeforce light heavyweight title to Gegard Mousasi.
- Once beat Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Jeremy Horn and Trevor Prangely on the same night (Sept. 6, 2003).
- He's 35-8 in a career that includes fights in UFC, Affliction, Strikeforce and other promotions.
- Lost twice to Chuck Liddell, and once each to Dan Henderson, Fedor Emelianenko and Mousasi.
- Holds a win over top UFC middleweight contender Chael Sonnen.
- Was on a five-fight win streak before the loss to Mousasi.