— Lindsey Vonn is an alpine skier who was born in Saint Paul, Minnesota on Oct. 18, 1984.
— She was on skis by age 2, and was skiing in Minnesota, Colorado and Oregon year-round by age 7.
— Vonn made her World Cup debut on Nov. 18, 2000, at 16 years old in Park City, Utah.
— At 17, she made her debut at the Winter Olympics in 2002 in Salt Lake City and finished sixth in the combined snowbasin.
— Vonn won two medals at the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver after falling short of the podium in her first two Olympic appearances in 2002 and 2006. She took gold in the downhill and bronze in the super-G.
— The 33-year-old is one of two female skiers in history to win four World Cup overall championships.
— Vonn has had her fair share of injury problems. The list includes:
- Hyperextended right knee and bone bruise, February 2007
- Cut right thumb, February 2009
- Bruised left forearm, December 2009
- Bruised right shin, February 2010
- Concussion, February 2011
- Torn ligaments in right knee and broken bone in right leg, February 2013
- Broken left ankle, August 2015
- Fractures in left knee, February 2016
- Broken right arm, November 2016.
— Vonn is making her fourth Olympic appearance after missing the Games in 2014.