The eight top mega-sized cruise lines of 2013, according to Travel + Leisure magazine.
1. Celebrity Cruises. Celebrity Cruises' Solstice off the coast of Labadee, Haiti. (Jan. 22, 2010)
1. Celebrity Cruises. The Reflection Suite bathroom on Celebrity's new Reflection ship. An all-glass shower extends over the edge of the ship with a wraparound veranda and special glass so you can see out, but not in.
2. Disney Cruise Line.The flagship vessel Disney Magic arrives in New York Harbor. (May 25, 2012)
2. Disney Cruise Line. A rendering shows how the Disney Magic ship will look when a new three-story water slide is added to the ship's exterior. Disney Magic, launched in 1998, is the oldest in Disney Cruise Line's fleet of four ships a will get a makeover in the fall.
3. Cunard Line. A couple soaks in afternoon sun on the top deck of Cunard Line's Queen Elizabeth in San Francisco. (Feb. 4, 2012)
3. Cunard Line. The luxury ship Queen Elizabeth has a capacity of 2,068 guests. Cunard's other ships are the Queen Victoria and Queen Mary II. (March 10, 2011)
4. Princess Cruises. The Sapphire Princess sails off the coast of Hawaii.
4. Princess Cruises. An artist’s rendering of the SeaWalk, a glass-bottom walkway on the Royal Princess cruise ship, which launched in June. The walkway extends 28 feet beyond the edge of the ship and 128 feet above the ocean.
5. Royal Caribbean International. The Mariner of the Seas, right, docks at Kai Tak Cruise Terminal in Hong Kong's Victoria Harbor. (June 12, 2013)
5. Royal Caribbean International. Quantum of the Seas, which Royal Caribbean International expects to launch November 2014, includes a bumper car attraction.
6. Norwegian Cruise Line. Norwegian Cruise Line's new ship, Norwegian Breakaway, features a colorful mural on the exterior hull design by pop artist Peter Max that includes the Manhattan skyline and Statue of Liberty. (May 8, 2013)
6. Norwegian Cruise Line. A large chandelier is the focal point of 678 Ocean Place aboard the Norwegian Cruise Line's new ship, Norwegian Breakaway. (May 8, 2013)
7. Carnival Cruises. The Carnival Sunshine moored in Dubrovnik, Croatia. (June 18, 2013)
7. Carnival Cruises. Guests slide down two massive corkscrew waterslides that are part of Carnival Dream's expansive WaterWorks attraction.
8. Costa Cruises. The Costa Allegra cruise ship. (Feb. 27, 2012)
8. Costa Cruises. The $670-million casino aboard the Costa Fascinosa ship, which holds 3,800 passengers, during its unveiling in Venice, Italy. (May 5, 2012)