It’s no secret that travelers are willing to go the extra mile to save on accommodations. Here are some popular strategies.
- According to a recent survey of travelers conducted by transportation providers GO Airport Express and GO Airport Shuttle, 34 percent joined hotel-loyalty programs to save on their stay in 2016, compared with 25 percent in 2012.
- Booking a room well in advance remains the most popular way to save, with 45 percent of the more than 690 respondents in agreement on the method, compared with 43 percent four years ago.
- Online comparison websites are also slightly more popular today, with 30 percent using them, up from 26 percent in 2012.
- Membership discounts through AAA and AARP are still just as popular as they were four years ago, with 31 percent using their accounts to score reduced rates in 2016.
- In 2016, at least 7 percent of travelers waited to book at the last minute in hopes of saving.