Fashion tips: Look fab after 40
Long Island native Lois Joy Johnson, 63, gives wardrobe tips for women over 40 in her new book, "The Wardrobe Wakeup: Your Guide to Looking Fabulous at Any Age" (Running Press, $23).
The book has scores of tips for women on how to look good as their lives -- and bodies -- shift (and, yes, sometimes sag). Instead of models, she's got photos of 18 friends and colleagues of a certain age who've all "survived trends, fads, weight changes, husbands, jobs, grown-up kids and life's little lemons with wit and style," she declares.
Here, Lois-approved pieces for a new you.
More in Photos
- 'American Idol' Season 13 finals
- Stanko paintings at Ripe Art Gallery
- Celebrity baby names
- LI notable deaths
- Guess who: LI celebrity yearbook pictures
- Who's ringing stock exchanges' bells?
- Shocking celebrity deaths
- Celebrity engagements and marriages
- Notable sports deaths in 2014
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories
- 17 top U.S. summer music festivals
- 8 reasons why you shouldn't miss the Food Book Fair
- LI car accidents
- Recent LI fires
- Celeb spotting at Tribeca Film Fest
- Long Island's best tattoos LI notable deaths
- 27 LIers who've made us proud Guess who: LI celebrity yearbook pictures
- Who's ringing stock exchanges' bells? LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- Long Island and New York City's top photos Ward Melville vs. West Islip
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories 79 celebrities remember life on Long Island
- LI car accidents Long Beach vs. Wantagh
- Recent LI fires Celeb spotting at Tribeca Film Fest
- This week's Class AA baseball team rankings 50 years ago, NY World's Fair predicted today
- LI Easter egg hunts 2014 Animals on the loose on LI, in NY
- Way to Go kids Long Island rich cribs
- Places we loved on Long Island Extreme Easter bonnets on Long Island, NYC
- Smithtown East vs. Port Washington 41 signs you're from Suffolk