Anderson Cooper endures blindness scare
Anderson Cooper says a reporting assignment turned into a temporary blindness scare, The Associated Press reports. On his talk show Tuesday, Cooper said he was in Portugal last week working on a story for "60 Minutes" and spent two hours on the water. The newsman says that later, he developed a burning sensation in his eyes and lost sight for 36 hours. Cooper said he wanted to warn viewers about the risk. Dr. Nancy Snyderman, chief medical correspondent for NBC News, explained to Cooper he had suffered a retina burn.
Most Popular
Top Stories

With 'Colbert' over, what's to become of the Ed Sullivan Theater?
3m read

4 takeaways from 'Late Show with Stephen Colbert's' finale
3m read

1st Music Con coming to LI village
2m read

Summer music preview: 51 great concerts to see
10m read

Rod Stewart, Pitbull and more must-see 2026 concerts
Billy Joel's longtime booking agent says Piano Man is in 'great spirits,' 'making progress'
2m read