Now What's new
New nut-free cafe, bakery opens in Port Washington
Customers can create their own cupcakes, or grab a muffin or oversized cookie.
Where to have a drink by the fire this fall
When the temperature goes down, the fire pits heat up
Authentic LI Mexican spot opens sprawling second location
At about 7,400 square feet, the new Medford venue is likely LI's largest Mexican restaurant.
Secret's out: This eatery is serving LI's most sought-after holiday dish
This Puerto Rican holiday staple sells out fast, for those who can find them. Hint: Medford.
Burned the turkey? Don’t feel like cooking? These restaurants are open today.
After many downsized and even canceled Thanksgiving celebrations last year, this may be the year we want to go out to celebrate.
New eatery takes over longtime Patchogue pub
The menu is a study in fusion, and the culmination of a long-held dream for chef-owner Luis Marin.
Video Watch now
Take a tour of a little-known operation making pasteles at the Medford location of Island Empanada.
- This eatery is making one of LI's most sought-after holiday dishes. Here's how.
- How this Hempstead eatery became LI's best-reviewed restaurant on Yelp
- Food critic goes apple picking for the first time
- Exploring Indian street food in Hicksville
- Who really invented grandma pizza?
- This summer, go on an East End tomato crawl
- Here's what it's like to open a restaurant with your family
- See how vegan ice cream gets made at this LI shop
- Inside LI's new classic-rock-themed hot dog joint
- Newsday food critics reunite for Japanese BBQ
Features Good reads
- Inside LI's top-rated restaurant on Yelp The hidden gem has mouthwatering Dominican food and a huge crowd-sourced following, so why is it teetering on the brink? More by Scott Vogel
- Everything you need to know about eating at LI raw bars What to order? Where to start? A food critic demystifies eating at raw bars during peak fall season. More by Corin Hirsch
- Where to find great burgers on LI From takeout counters to chains to a gastropub, here are places where you'll be spoiled for choice on the burger front.
- Where to eat near the new UBS Arena in Elmont The arena's opening is a perfect excuse to check out the edge of western Nassau in search of a delicious meal. More by Erica Marcus