Now What's new
Classic-rock-themed hot dog joint opens in Bay Shore
Try the deep-fried Springsteen dog or the Fleetwood Mac & Cheese.
New Jamaican takeout spot opens in Hicksville
Try the juicy jerk-spiced fried chicken, or loaded jerk chicken fries, topped with diced meat and drizzled with spiced Cheddar cheese.
Cult mushroom supplier opens new gourmet market
The shop also stocks fresh Italian cheese, rice imported from Japan and olive oil from Croatia.
Ranking this summer's hottest hard seltzers
Long Island's breweries have entered the hard seltzer and canned cocktail game. See how they stack up.
Food critic tries Burger King's new chicken sandwich
The meat inside is tender, the bun is, you know, a bun, and there are pickles that many swear are appreciably superior to BK's rivals.
Bread bakery chain opens first NY location in Woodbury
You'll find fresh-milled breads sold by the loaf or starring in housemade sandwiches.
Video Watch now
He owns two ice cream shops and four restaurants in Ocean Beach.
- Meet Fire Island's busiest restaurateur
- The story behind Ceci's Arepa Joint in East Meadow
- Would you eat wild boar? This LI restaurant is betting you will
- Food critic shares picks for the East End eateries you need to try right now
- An accident almost derailed her baking career. Now her cake shop is a runaway success
- 6 tips for shopping restaurant supply stores
- Chef at Organic Corner in Massapequa talks vegan eats
- The story behind Glen Cove's new bacon-themed eatery
Features Good reads
- How a hidden cake shop became Babylon's newest craze The spot's shuga pies, available in flavors like vanilla crumb and death by chocolate, are fresh, luscious, soft and not overly sweet. More by Scott Vogel
- Exploring the appeal of LI's most nostalgic restaurants One thing the pandemic has laid bare is the emotional attachment between diners and "their" restaurants and what we would lose by not having them. More by Scott Vogel
- The best places for brunch on Long Island You may be in the mood for eggs or pancakes or chicken and waffles. Others may prefer to surf a raw bar or dig into an extravagant burger. The only thing we know for sure about brunch is where you should eat it.
- Where to try authentic Latin American cuisine on LI Many vibrant cuisines have made their way from Latin America to Long Island. Exploring five of them—from Mexico, El Salvador, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru—is a winding journey full of flavor. More by Erica Marcus
- Amid pandemic, oyster farmers pivot to preserve one of LI's most iconic foods How three new growers in Moriches Bay are preserving one of LI's most iconic foods. More by Corin Hirsch
- 30,000 sq. ft. restaurant supply store offers great finds for home cooks The Carle Place warehouse offers tons of well-priced kitchen items. More by Erica Marcus