Now What's new
Popular breakfast spot to close in Rockville Centre
With its yolk-heavy décor, outdoor garden and towering, half-gallon mimosas, it became as popular for photographing as it was for dining.
New Tex-Mex spot opens in Wantagh
The star at this fast-casual joint is fajita tacos and bowls.
NYC chef opens Indian eatery in Roslyn Heights
LIers ought to welcome this one with open arms.
Over-the-top tasting menus gain popularity on LI
For diners with the time, patience and wherewithal, this is an opportunity to relinquish control to a higher power (a chef) and immerse themselves in a culinary tour de force.
Feed Me Magazine: Explore the new issue
Get the scoop on Long Island's over-the-top tasting menus, escape the winter cold with tropical eats and follow our ramen trail map.
Patchogue bakery opens location inside new LI library
The spot offers coffee and espresso drinks, as well as cheese danishes, muffins and cupcakes.
Video Watch now
Take a tour of a little-known operation making pasteles at the Medford location of Island Empanada.
- This eatery is making one of LI's most sought-after holiday dishes. Here's how.
- How this Hempstead eatery became LI's best-reviewed restaurant on Yelp
- Food critic goes apple picking for the first time
- Exploring Indian street food in Hicksville
- Who really invented grandma pizza?
- This summer, go on an East End tomato crawl
- Here's what it's like to open a restaurant with your family
- See how vegan ice cream gets made at this LI shop
- Inside LI's new classic-rock-themed hot dog joint
- Newsday food critics reunite for Japanese BBQ
Features Good reads
- Long Island restaurants offering a true taste of Japan Innovative riffs on sushi are all the rage, but let's take a moment to savor the handful of Japanese restaurants on Long Island that specialize in traditional cooking. More by Erica Marcus
- Everybody's a critic: What to know about good service at LI restaurants What makes or breaks a great dining experience? The food, obviously, but it's not just about that. More by Scott Vogel
- These tropical restaurants will help fight the winter blues These eateries offer cuisines that conjure images of sunny climes, either real or imagined. More by Scott Vogel
- Over-the-top tasting menus gain popularity on LI For diners with the time, patience and wherewithal, this is an opportunity to relinquish control to a higher power (a chef) and immerse themselves in a culinary tour de force. More by Corin Hirsch