Reported on Nov. 20, 2014, with sexual assault allegations gaining...

Reported on Nov. 20, 2014, with sexual assault allegations gaining increasing attention, The Associated Press reviewed an on camera interview with Bill Cosby earlier this month and made the decision to publish his full reaction to questions about the claims. (Credit: AP)

In a newly released excerpt from a longer video interview, Bill Cosby asks The Associated Press to delete his replies to questions about the mounting allegations of past sexual assaults.

"No, no, we don't answer that," the comedian, 77, told reporter Brett Zongker, when asked his thoughts on being at the center of many recent news stories. As Zongker attempted to follow up, Cosby told him, "There's no response. . . . There is no comment about that," adding after a pause, "And I'll tell you why. I think you were told -- I don't want to compromise your integrity, but we don't -- I don't talk about it."

As the Nov. 6 interview, primarily about his loan of several works to the Smithsonian's National Museum of African Art, was ending, Cosby asked, "Now, can I get something from you? That none of that will be shown. . . . And I would appreciate it if it was scuttled."

The AP said the interview was on the record and there was no agreement to avoid questions about the allegations. Cosby says on the video that "the reason why we didn't say that up front was because we thought that AP had [the] integrity to not ask."

"As this story has evolved, there is a very real desire for people to hear from a man whom many have been listening to their whole lives," AP managing editor for entertainment Lou Ferrara said in a statement.

Satire not funny to Raven-Symoné

Former "Cosby Show" child-actress Raven-Symoné has responded to a satirical website that wrote she had filed molestation charges against Cosby for sexual assaults occurring after the show's finale. "his is truly a disgusting rumor that I want no part of!" she wrote on Instagram, adding, "Now keep me out of this!"

Another accuser comes forward

The latest in a string of women has come forward claiming sexual assault by Cosby. Therese Serignese told People magazine Thursday that the comedian gave her the sedative drug quaalude and had nonconsensual sex with her in 1976. She said she was Jane Doe No. 10 in a 2006 civil suit against Cosby settled out of court.

SUBSCRIBE

Unlimited Digital AccessOnly 25¢for 6 months

ACT NOWSALE ENDS SOON | CANCEL ANYTIME