What do you do after winning viewers' hearts as "The Bachelor"? If you're Sean Lowe, you put on your dancing shoes.

ABC said Tuesday that Lowe is headed to "Dancing With the Stars." He steps up fresh from his engagement to graphic artist Catherine Giudici on Monday night's conclusion of "The Bachelor."

"I don't know if there's anything more challenging to me than learning how to do classical ballroom dance," Lowe, 29, said in an interview with The Associated Press, calling it a "once-in-a-lifetime opportunity." The reality TV star says he made sure Giudici was on board with the idea before he signed on.

Besides, Lowe's dance training could make for a great first dance at their wedding.

"That was part of the motivation," Lowe said with a laugh. "Hopefully, we can impress everyone on our wedding night."

Those nuptials, the couple says, will take place in the same way they fell in love: on TV. So far, no specific plans have been made but they hope it happens "somewhat soon." They're just happy to be public as a couple.

"I wanted to gush and tell everybody" said Giudici, 26, of keeping the relationship under wraps. "We just channeled that energy into each other and focused on our relationship."

A Dallas businessman, Lowe will compete for the mirror-ball trophy when "Dancing With the Stars" returns for its 16th season Monday. He'll partner with Peta Murgatroyd.

Meanwhile, fashion designer Desiree Hartsock, 26, whom Lowe rejected on "The Bachelor," has been chosen as the next "Bachelorette," which returns on May 20.

SUBSCRIBE

Unlimited Digital AccessOnly 25¢for 6 months

ACT NOWSALE ENDS SOON | CANCEL ANYTIME