Take 5: When Lucy met Ricky, etc.
With Valentine's Day arriving Monday, we were wondering about the romantic backstories of some of our favorite TV couples: Here's how five pairs of TV lovebirds met.
1. Marge and Homer Simpson - Both attended Springfield High School and met in detention. Marge got in hot water because she had burned her bra (well, it was the '70s), while Homer got nailed for smoking in the boys' room.
2. Lucy and Ricky Ricardo - In one "I Love Lucy" episode, it was revealed they met on a blind date. But on an episode of "The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour," Lucy explained she met Ricky while vacationing in Cuba in 1940.
3. Cameron Tucker and Mitchell Pritchett ("Modern Family") - They met at a game night run by their friend Pepper (Nathan Lane), who had briefly dated Cam.
4. Wilma and Fred Flintstone, Betty and Barney Rubble - Wilma and Betty worked as cigarette girls/waitresses at a resort, where they met and fell in love with their future husbands (who were working there as bellhops).
5. Peg and Al Bundy ("Married . . . With Children") - Like Marge and Homer, they met in high school. Future shoe salesman Al was the star of the football team.