William Sease, 31, of Cedarhurst, was arrested and charged with...

William Sease, 31, of Cedarhurst, was arrested and charged with assaulting his pregnant girlfriend, police said. (April 5, 2010) Credit: NCPD

Bickering over cleaning the house for Easter escalated into domestic violence in Cedarhurst, leading a pregnant woman to bolt from a moving car to flee the father of her unborn child, Nassau police said Tuesday.

Spring cleaning was the genesis of the dispute at the home of William Sease, 31, and his girlfriend, police said.

The woman, whom Newsday is not identifying, wanted their home clean for Easter Sunday, police said. "She needs the house in order and somewhat clean because her two children from a different relationship are going to be arriving," said Det. Lt. Kevin Smith of the Nassau County Police Department.

Sease, who told police he sells DVDs, refused to help and left after the couple argued. When he returned, they argued again, and when she tried to sleep, Sease blasted the radio so loud that neighbors came over to ask them to turn it down.

The couple argued again, and Sease punched the woman in the nose, police said.

The woman fled to her vehicle with Sease following her, police said. Police said the woman thought Sease was going to take her to the hospital, but once in the car, he began arguing with her again and threatened her.

During their journey north on Peninsula Boulevard, the woman told police she noticed "his rage mounting," Smith said.

"In fear for her life, she decides to actually open the door while the car is . . . proceeding at about somewhat 30 miles per hour," he said. "She obviously falls to the pavement."

An off-duty officer came to the woman's aid. Sease told the officer, "We don't need any help. We don't need any help," police said.

"Don't tell him anything," he told his girlfriend, according to police.

The woman was taken to South Nassau Communities Hospital in Oceanside where she was treated for multiple fractures to her nose and a fractured heel. Smith said the fetus was not injured.

Sease was arrested Monday at 4:45 a.m. and charged with second-degree assault, first-degree reckless endangerment, third-degree tampering with a witness and first-degree coercion. He was arraigned Tuesday and jailed on $20,000 bond or $10,000 cash. He was due back in court Thursday.

Latest Videos

Newsday LogoCovering LI news as it happensDigital AccessOnly 25¢for 5 months