LIRR: Buses this weekend between Ronkonkoma, Hicksville
Buses will replace trains this weekend between Ronkonkoma and Hicksville to allow for track work, the Long Island Rail Road said.
The first westbound bus departs Ronkonkoma at 12:02 a.m. Saturday. The first eastbound bus departs Hicksville at 1:07 a.m. Saturday.
The work also will affect connection times for some Babylon, Montauk, Far Rockaway, Long Beach, Oyster Bay, Port Jefferson, West Hempstead and Greenport trains.
The LIRR said the changes mean:
- Westbound riders from stations between Ronkonkoma and Bethpage will board buses to Hicksville up to 44 minutes earlier than normal train times, then transfer to westbound trains.
- The 10:05 a.m., 11:05 a.m. and 12:05 p.m. trains from Ronkonkoma are canceled, with no connecting bus service.
- Riders from stations between Greenport and Medford will transfer to buses at Ronkonkoma for service to Hicksville, where train service will resume.
- Eastbound riders from stations between Bethpage and Ronkonkoma will transfer to buses at Hicksville. Plan for up to 44 minutes of additional travel time.
- The 4:39 p.m., 5:39 p.m. and 6:39 p.m. weekend trains from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma will be canceled with no connecting bus service.
- Riders traveling to stations Medford through Greenport will take the 8:22 a.m. or 1:22 p.m. trains from Penn Station to Hicksville, then board buses to Ronkonkoma where train service will resume.
For specific train times, timetables are available at https://goo.gl/JTfV5B, the railroad said.