You say you want a revolution? Moveon.org has got your rallying points and placard slogans all picked out! Just in case there is a constitutional crisis, that is.
The left-leaning social action group is organizing hundreds of protest locations across the United States, including five on Long Island, with directions about what time to arrive based on what time President Donald Trump might fire special counsel Robert Mueller, or alternately, eject Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
The suggested signage slogan is:
“We demand the truth.”
“Protect the Russia investigation.”
A firing before 2 p.m. would call for a 5 p.m. gathering. A dismissal after 2 p.m. would move the meetups to the next day at noon.
On Long Island, the five locations are:
- Huntington village, northwest corner of Park Avenue and Main Street
- Massapequa Park, at Rep. Peter King’s office, 1003 Park Boulevard.
- Mineola, at the Old Country Road entrance of the Nassau County Courthouse, 262 Old Country Rd.
- Patchogue, at Rep. Lee Zeldin’s office, 31 Oak St.
- Riverhead, also at Zeldin’s office, 30 W. Main St.
And for anyone looking to do more than just show up, opportunities to be a “marshal/legal observer, social media lead, or chant leader” are available.