Watch Newsday's Yankees beat writer Erik Boland break down a successful, but disruptive series for the club.
- Yanks glad to leave Tampa after chaotic series off field
- Gov. Cuomo issues Islanders playoff ticket guidelines
- Joe Smith Jr. is LI's latest boxing champion
- How Yankee Stadium reacted to Altuve's game-changing homer
- PFL 3 highlights: 6 fights, 6 finishes
- Mets introduce Pete Alonso's pet project: the Polar Burger
- Fans are back at Belmont
- Watch PFL 2 highlights: MacDonald, Cooper, more
High school videos
Newsday's Thorp Award is given to the most outstanding football player in Nassau County, plus see which team won the Rutgers Cup as the best team in Nassau.
- Newsday's Thorp Award and the Rutgers Cup winner announced
- Sayville football takes home big football awards
- Meet Newsday's All-Long Island football team
- Highlights: Bay Shore vs. Smithtown West girls lacrosse
- Highlights: West Islip girls lacrosse tops West Babylon in OT
- Eastport-South Manor defeats Miller Place in girls lacrosse
- Highlights: Sayville defeats Hauppauge in girls lacrosse
- H.S. Sports Spotlight: All about the Nassau football championships
- Highlights: Manhasset wins Nassau Conference III football title
- Highlights: Manhasset vs. South Side in the Nassau Class A semis
Professional athletes from Long Island look for ways to stay in shape while their sports are or were paused because of the coronavirus pandemic. Follow boxer Tyrone James from Elmont, minor-league baseball players Bobby Honeyman and Nick Garland of Massapequa, UFC fighter Aljamain Sterling of Uniondale and tennis player Noah Rubin from Merrick.