Siobhan Magnus and Aaron Kelly outclassed the other 'American Idol' finalists on Shania Twain mentor and homage night, with Casey James nearly as good -- but Crystal Bowersox surprisingly plummeting to the bottom with a truly odd performance.
Siobhan rebounded from a subpar week with her usual strong vocals -- she didn't try to be too weird, and got even Simon to like country. Aaron, meanwhile, sang a love song to his mom, giving everyone an "awwwww" moment even as he showed off a totally professional voice.
As for Crystal... urgh. For some reason she decided to "send a message" to her boyfriend, just wound up making everyone squirum through a weak performance that ended with him in the spotlight.
Here's how I ranked everyone; add your own in the comments, below:
1) Siobhan Magnus totally channeled Shania's attitude and huge vocals with "Any Man of Mine," she was fun and is definitely back
2) Aaron Kelly was singing "You've Got a Way" for his mom, and his sincerity and great voice helped him vault from the bottom to the top
3) Casey James finally gaves us something to remember with "Don't," but it's probably too late -- no more country themes now
4) Lee Dewyze puts his own spin on "Still the One," combined with his usual great tone it was another strong performance the kids will be downloading
5) Michael Lynche impressed the oddly-nice judges and Shania with "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing," but it just wasn't my thing
6) Crystal Bowersox went weird and got panned for doing "No One Needs to Know," totally odd that she said before she sang that one day her boyfriend "will man up"
TALK: Click on "Add a comment" at the bottom of this post, or e-mail me and I'll post it for you.