This weekend marks the 40th anniversary of "The Godfather," one of Hollywood's landmark films. To celebrate, we offer up this list of five TV "Dons" we have enjoyed over the years.
1. DON ADAMS -- Would you believe the "Get Smart" star's real last name is Yarmy?
2. DON KIRSHNER -- Well, we liked Paul Shaffer's "SNL" parody of Kirshner better than the actual man. But he did bring rock and roll to late-night TV, so you've got to give him major props for that.
3. DON JOHNSON -- Others swooned because his "Miami Vice" character, Sonny Crockett, sported a two-day stubble, Armani jacket and pastel T-shirts. We were more impressed that he had a pet alligator named Elvis.
4. DON KNOTTS -- We loved him as meek Barney Fife on "The Andy Griffith Show," but he was just as endearing as leisure-suit-wearing landlord Ralph Furley on "Three's Company."
5. DON RICKLES -- Turned the hockey puck from a piece of sporting-goods equipment into a term of insult.