WHAT YOU'LL NEED
For the cake:
2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup milk
2 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups fresh cranberries
For the glaze:
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons milk, or a little more, if necessary
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Make cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Whisk together yogurt and milk in a small bowl.
3. Combine brown sugar and butter in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add eggs and beat, scraping down the bowl once or twice, until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Mix in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the yogurt in 2 additions, and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in cranberries.
4. Scrape batter into prepared Bundt pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula. Bake until cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert it onto a wire rack and cool completely.
5. Make glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, molasses, milk and ginger until smooth and thick but pourable. Scrape into a glass measuring cup. Place cake on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle glaze over cake. Let stand until icing is set, about 30 minutes. Makes 12 servings.