WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
4 large eggs, warmed in bowl of hot tap water for 15 minutes
1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk, lukewarm
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Position a rack on the bottom third of the oven. Place a 6-cup popover tin or a 12-cup muffin tin on the rack.
2. Combine the eggs, milk and salt in a blender. Add the flour and blend until smooth. Add the butter and blend until frothy.
3. Remove the pan from the oven and spray the cups and the spaces between the cups with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the cups, filling them about 3⁄4 full.
4. Bake the popovers for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 325, and bake until deep golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on cup size.
5. Remove the pan from the oven. Insert the tip of a sharp paring knife into the middle of each popover to release steam and overturn onto a wire rack. Serve immediately. Makes 6 large or 12 small popovers.