A "small explosion" in a walk-in oven at Stony Brook University's Calverton Food Incubator left one woman injured, officials said Wednesday.

Riverhead Police received a 911 call shortly before 9 a.m. reporting a fire at 4603 Middle Country Rd.

Town police, along with the Riverhead fire marshal and Wading River Fire Department responded to the scene and found a woman injured from an oven explosion, Riverhead police said. She was treated for a laceration to her head and other undisclosed injuries, authorities said.

The victim, along with other occupants of the building, were evacuated while fire and EMS officials shut the gas off to the property, police said.

The woman, whose identity was not released, is being treated for her injuries at Stony Brook University Hospital, officials said.

Stony Brook University officials declined to comment on the cause of the explosion or the nature of the woman's injuries.

Stony Brook’s Calverton Food Business Incubator provides a shared-use commercial manufacturing kitchen, including processing equipment and laboratories, to small businesses and farmers who have outgrown their current space.

Latest videos