Police officers responding to a 911 call revived a 2-year-old boy who had stopped breathing early Tuesday in Selden, apparently after choking on his own vomit, police said.
The boy, who was not identified, was taken to Stony Brook University Medical Center, where he was in guarded but stable condition.
Suffolk County police said they received a 911 call at 3:33 a.m. Tuesday reporting the child was not breathing.
Three Sixth Precinct officers responded to the house on Franklin Avenue, as did volunteers from the Selden Fire Department. Police said the officers performed CPR and revived the boy. He was then taken to the hospital, police said.
Police said it is believed that the child had been ill and vomited, then choked.
Police said there was no criminality involved.