Long Island Lutheran, Sachem East and Harborfields are the only teams still alive with the public school state championships this weekend and the Federation championships starting March 22.
1. Long Island Lutheran (19-4): Lutheran was idle again this week as it prepares for the Class A Federation tournament, starting March 22.
2. St. Anthony's (22-6): The Friars’ season ended, Wednesday with a loss to Archbishop Molloy in a state CHSAA quarterfinal.
3. St. Mary's (22-5): St. Mary’s season ended Wednesday with a loss to Bishop Loughlin in a state CHSAA quarterfinal.
4. Sachem East (21-2): Katie Doherty and Kathleen Everson each scored 18 points as the Flaming Arrows beat Massapequa, 55-50, last Friday at Hofstra, to win the class AA Long Island championship and earn a bid to the class AA state semifinal in Troy, NY, Friday.
5. Harborfields (20-2): Bridgit Ryan had 13 poitns and Kristen Kelly had 14 points and 12 rebounds as Harborfields beat Garden City, 55-27, last Saturday at Adelphi to earn the Long Island class A title and a bid to the state semifinals in Troy, NY., Friday.
6. Massapequa (18-1): Lauren Van Buren scored 19 points but it wasn’t enough as the Chiefs fell to Sachem East last Friday at Hofstra in the Long Island class AA championship game.
7. Southampton (16-4): Paris Hodges scored 10 points with seven rebounds and Kesi Goree had eight points and 10 rebounds as Southampton beat Cold Spring Harbor for the class B Long Island championship last Wednesday, at Hofstra. Unfortunately the Mariners season came to a close last Friday, as they lost to the defending class B federation champion, Irvington, in a regional final at Hofstra.
8. St. John the Baptist (14-12): St. John the Baptist had its season end Wednesday in a loss to Bishop Ford in a state CHSAA quarterfinal game.
9. North Shore (18-2)
10. North Babylon (20-2)