Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. TEXAS RATTLED BY ANOTHER BOMBING
After four bombings in the past three weeks, federal agents confirm to The Washington Post that a package bomb exploded at a FedEx distribution center in Schertz.
2. SCANDAL-HIT WEINSTEIN CO. FILES FOR BANKRUPTCY PROTECTION
The company also announced it was releasing any victims of or witnesses to the disgraced Hollywood mogul's alleged misconduct from non-disclosure agreements preventing them from speaking out.
3. SENATE INTELLIGENCE LEADERS AIM TO PREVENT ELECTION HACKING
With the 2018 primary season underway, the committee is launching an effort to protect U.S. elections from a repeat episode of foreign interference.
4. 'ACT RATIONALLY'
China implores Washington to avoid disrupting trade over steel, technology and other disputes, promising that Beijing will "open even wider" to imports and investment.
5. NEEDS GO UNMET 6 MONTHS AFTER MARIA HIT PUERTO RICO
The U.S. territory is still struggling to recover from the strongest storm to hit the island in nearly a century.
6. IN EGYPT ELECTION, STABILITY OVER DEMOCRACY
The vote sees an unprecedented purge from the race of would-be opponents to President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, a sign of his concern over allowing any sign of splits.
7. WHAT AUTO, TECH INDUSTRIES HAVE BEEN DREADING
The death of a woman struck by a self-driving Uber SUV as she crossed a street in suburban Phoenix.
8. QUICK CHALLENGE FOR MISSISSIPPI'S 15-WEEK ABORTION BAN
The nation's most restrictive abortion law is headed for a showdown before a federal judge only hours after it was signed by the state's governor.
9. WORLD'S LAST MALE NORTHERN WHITE RHINO DIES
Sudan, who had been part of an ambitious effort to save the subspecies from extinction after decades of decimation by poachers, was 45.
10. STATES MOVE TO LEGALIZE SPORTS GAMBLING
Sports leagues and casinos are angling for the biggest possible cut as more than a third of U.S. states are considering legislation to permit wagering.