9-year-old Bronx student chokes in cafeteria
A fourth-grade boy choked on meatballs during lunch in a New York City school cafeteria earlier this month and later died.
Witnesses tell the New York Post that 9-year-old Jonathan Jewth fell to the ground and was unconscious before help arrived. They say the women in the cafeteria didn’t know what to do and didn’t come to the boy’s aid.
Jonathan’s family said the little boy suffered brain damage and died Monday after the Dec. 5 incident at Public School 47 in the Bronx.
Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott said the incident was a tragedy. Education officials didn’t respond to requests for comment about the worker’s suspected actions.

Sarra Sounds Off Ep. 35: EI baseball, girls lacrosse and plays of the week On the latest episode of "Sarra Sounds Off," we look at East Islip baseball's inspirational comeback story, Jared Valluzzi has the plays of the week and Tess Ferguson breaks down the top defensive players in girls lacrosse.

Sarra Sounds Off Ep. 35: EI baseball, girls lacrosse and plays of the week On the latest episode of "Sarra Sounds Off," we look at East Islip baseball's inspirational comeback story, Jared Valluzzi has the plays of the week and Tess Ferguson breaks down the top defensive players in girls lacrosse.


