(YouTube)

(YouTube) Credit: (YouTube)

The homeless man who was beaten by two cops during a confrontation at a Crown Heights Jewish Center won't face any criminal charges.

Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes said Monday he would dismiss the assault charges against Ehud Halevy.

Elected officials came to the 21-year-old's defense after video showing two officers beat him while trying to handcuff him at the Alternative Learning Institute for Young Adults Center on East New York Ave. on Oct. 8 went viral last week.

Halevy was staying at the center for weeks with the permission of its administrators but allegedly caused a ruckus that night and the cops were called in.

The leaders said Hynes made the right move.

"Thank you to District Attorney Joe Hynes for dropping the trumped up charges against innocent Jewish man who was beat by rouge NYPD officer," City Councilman David Greenfield tweeted.

The NYPD is investigating the incident and placed the 49-year-old officer from the 79th Precinct who threw the first punch while making a boxing pose on modified duty.

Latest video