Police yesterday arrested a 27-year-old man suspected of killing a Queens bodega clerk last week.
Shawn Forde, 27, awaits arraignment on charges of murdering Juan Torres, 54, during a botched robbery on Oct. 23 at Lucky Deli and Grocery on Merrick Blvd in Laurelton, the Queens district attorney said.
Forde allegedly held Torres’ brother and deli owner Felix Torres at gunpoint, demanding money. Juan Torres heard the struggle and came to help, and Forde allegedly shot him in the head then ran, according to a statement released the district attorney’s office.
Reports said Forde was a regular customer at the deli.
Felix Torres, 50, picked Forde out of a lineup, the Post reported. He faces 25 years to life in prison if convicted.
New tech to ID victims ... Out East: What's buzzing at farm? ... Get the latest news and more great videos at NewsdayTV
New tech to ID victims ... Out East: What's buzzing at farm? ... Get the latest news and more great videos at NewsdayTV




