Top 25 boys indoor track athletes to watch in 2018-19
1. Dylan Ameres, Chaminade, Sr.
Ameres is among the top five returners in the state in the long jump. He flew 20 feet, 9 inches at the state championships last season.
2. Erik Brown, Kellenberg, Sr.
Brown ran 1:23.39 in the 600 meters at the state championships last season.
3. Matthew Condenzio, Calhoun, Sr.
Condenzio is the top returning high jumper in Nassau. He cleared 5 feet, 10 inches at the Nassau State Qualifier last winter.
4. Brendan Dearie, St. Anthony’s, Sr.
Dearie is the defending CHSAA League Champion in the 3,200 meters (9:49.87).
5. Jaheim Dotson, Longwood, Sr.
Dotson is the top returner in the 55-meter hurdles from last winter’s state championships, where he ran 7.56.
6. Jadan Hanson, Uniondale, Jr.
He’s the second-best returning triple jumper in the state, going 47 feet, 0.25 inches at the state championship last season.
7. Asiel King, Uniondale, Sr.
He’s the top returning 55-hurdler in Nassau, running a 7.61 at the state qualifier last season.
8. Juan Lasso, Westhampton, Sr.
Lasso is the returning Suffolk Small School 1,000-meter champion. He ran 2:34.41 at last year’s county championship.
9. Jason Linzer, Seaford, Jr.
One of the top distance runners in Nassau. He ran 4:25.22 in the 1,600 meters at the state championships last year.
10. Brandon Love, East Meadow, Jr.
Love cleared 12 feet, 6 inches in the pole vault at last winter’s state championships.
11. John Meah, East Meadow, Sr.
Meah is the top returner from the Nassau Class A 1,600 meter championship last season. (4:38.77).
12. Bryan Moody, Massapequa, Sr.
Moody cleared 12 feet, 6 inches to win the pole vault at the Nassau State Qualifier last winter
13. Kian Martelli, Riverhead, Sr.
Martelli is the top returning triple jumper in Suffolk. He went 43 feet, 10 inches at the state qualifier last season.
14. Matthew Payamps, St. Anthony’s, Sr.
Payamps was the top cross country runner on Long Island for most of the fall, according to speed ratings on tullyrunners.com. He is the defending CHSAA league champion in the 600 meters (1:25.70).
15. Kyler Pizzo, Bellport, Sr.
Pizzo ran 7.87 in the 55-meter hurdles at the Suffolk State Qualifier last season.
16. RJ Pleasants, Half Hollow Hills East, Sr.
Pleasants, who reeled off impressive victories at the Suffolk Division Cross Country Championships (16:19.95) and Class A state qualifier race (16:44.54) this fall, ran 9:42.91 at the large school county championships last winter.
17. Jack Rosencrans, North Shore, Sr.
One of the top cross country runners in the state this fall. He is the defending Nassau Class B champion in the 3,200 meters (9:52.89).
18. Devin Rosmarin, Massapequa, Sr.
Rosmarin is the top returning weight thrower in Nassau. He threw 50 feet, 2 1/2 inches at the state qualifier last season.
19. Sean Ryan, Northport, Sr.
One of the top cross country runners on Long Island this fall. He ran 4:32.59 in the 1,600 at the Suffolk Large School Championships last winter.
20. Eric Sands, Huntington, Sr.
He is a top-10 returning weight thrower in the state. Sands threw 50 feet, 3 1/4 inches at the state championships last season.
21. Jonathan Smith, Huntington, Sr.
Smith is the second-fastest returner in the state in the 600 meters. He ran a 1:22.97 at last year’s state championship.
22. Steven Vasile, Commack, Sr.
Vasile is among the top four returning shot putters in the state. He threw 49 feet, five inches at the state championships last year.
23. Kenneth Wei, Mt Sinai, Sr.
He’s the returning Suffolk Small School 55-meter hurdle champion, clocking a 7.61 last season.
24. Giordano Williams, Uniondale, Sr.
Williams is the top returner from the Nassau Class A 55-meter championship last season (6.64).
25. Deyvon Wright, Half Hollow Hills West, Sr.
He’s the defending Suffolk Small School long jump champion, flying 22 feet, 7 1/2 inches last season.