2011 BASEBALL PREDICTIONS CONTEST
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States are eligible to enter Newsday's 2011 Baseball Prediction Contest (hereinafter the "Contest"). Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Employees of Newsday LLC (the "Sponsor"), their advertising or promotion agencies, parent companies, service providers, agents, officers, subsidiaries or affiliates, or any other persons or entities directly associated with the Contest (collectively, the "Contest Entities") and members of the immediate families of and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Contest.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Log onto newsday.com/mlbblog beginning at 9:30 A.M. on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 and complete the following steps to enter your predictions for the 2011 Major League Baseball season:
a) Submit the final standings for all 30 Major League Baseball teams, including the wild-card winners, the Championship Series and the World Series (including a winner) as a comment on Ken Davidoff’s Baseball Insider blog.
b) After posting your predictions, send an email to email@example.com to confirm your handle.
c) Submissions will be accepted until the first pitch of the regular season, scheduled Thursday, March 31, 2011, at 1:05 (Tigers at Yankees and Braves at Nationals) but subject to weather delays.
d) Upon the conclusion of the World Series, points will be awarded as follows:
(i) one point for each team correctly placed at the end of the regular season; (ii) two points for each wild-card team identified; (iii) three points for each team that advances to the Championship Series; (iv) four points for each World Series participant; and (v) five points for the World Series winner.
e) The winner(s) will be the entry(ies) that receives the most points and will receive a DVD from Major League Baseball Productions' collection.
Entrants must use their own names and must be a resident of the Newsday subscription household. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. The Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. By entering, contestants release the Contest Entities from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property that may be sustained in connection with the Contest entry, ownership or use of the prize.
3. PRIZES: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL RECEIVE ONE (1) MLB DVD. APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE IS $19.99. If the Winner does not accept the prize, prize will be forfeited by such winner and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such winner. Sponsor may select an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries in its sole discretion and provided ample time remains to award the prize. Any difference between the stated value and the actual value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded to the winner. Prizes are not refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time. Prizes may not be sold or transferred to a third party. No substitutions are allowed except by Sponsor in its sole discretion
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by e-mail at the end of the 2011 Major League Baseball postseason on or about Oct. 27, 2011. Prize winners will receive a release form via e-mail or fax and will need to sign the form and mail it back to Newsday at 235 Pinelawn Road, Melville, NY 11747. Newsday will mail the prize once it receives the signed release form. If potential winners cannot be reached by the email address provided on the entry, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, or if the winner is unable to use the prize, such winner will forfeit his/her prize and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. All entries become Sponsor's property and will not be returned. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Contest shall be made by Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. All taxes (including, but not limited to, income taxes) and the determination that such tax liability exists are the sole responsibility of winners. Prizewinners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and a Publicity Release ("Affidavit/Release"). Non-compliance may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be chosen. Return of prize, prize notification, or Affidavit/Release as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities and their licensees and affiliates to use the winner's name, address (city), voice, biographical information, testimonial and/or likeness and image for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation on-line, unless and to the extent prohibited by law. All entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor at its sole discretion reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest, without liability. Void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law.
6. DISCLAIMERS: By entering, entrants agree to release the Contest Entities from any and all losses or injuries of any kind arising out of their acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of the prize, their participation in the Contest, computer on-line system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, hardware, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, mechanically duplicated, illegible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Entrants also agree that the Contest Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant or third person's computer system related to or resulting from Contest and its prize. The Contest Entities are not liable for damage to a user's computer system in any way due to an entrant's participation in the Contest or downloading any information in connection with the Contest, including without limitation any server failure, lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST.
8. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to New York law, excluding choice of law provisions.
9. RULES/WINNERS' LIST: For an additional copy of these Official Rules or a prize winner listing, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope specifying which you are requesting, to: 2011 BASEBALL PREDICTIONS Contest Prize Winner Listing, 235 Pinelawn Road, Melville NY 11747. All requests for rules and winners lists must be received by DECEMBER 31, 2011.