Tyson Fury, right, lands a punch during his WBC heavyweight...

Tyson Fury, right, lands a punch during his WBC heavyweight championship boxing match against Derek Chisora at Tottenham Hotspur's White Hart Lane stadium London, Saturday Dec. 3, 2022. Credit: AP/Ian Walton

LONDON — Tyson Fury easily retained his WBC heavyweight belt by stopping Derek Chisora again thanks to his overwhelming advantage of reach and height on Saturday.

Referee Victor Loughlin didn't end the one-sided all-British fight until 10 seconds remained in the 10th round. It could have finished five rounds sooner and nobody could have complained. Not least Chisora, who could hardly see out of his right eye after seven rounds.

“I felt good, I needed some rounds, I haven't boxed since April,” Fury said. “I was landing good punches. What a tough man (Chisora is). I hit him with shots that would have sparked anyone else out.”

Chisora thanked Loughlin for stopping the bout.

Chisora was game and made good starts in the early going with a couple of flush rights to Fury's face in different rounds. But Fury shrugged them off and inevitably took control with his jab.

The challenger, facing Fury for a third time, couldn't stop the jab thanks to Fury's reach advantage of more than 28 centimeters from a height advantage of 18 centimeters.

Fury made a mockery of his control by showboating from early on when he looked like he could end the bout at any time at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

He improved his record to 33-0-1 with his 24th knockout. He has given Chisora his first (2011), fifth (2014) and 13th losses, all of them comfortably.

Fury's third successful defense of the WBC belt he won from Deontay Wilder in 2020 was watched from ringside by the unbeaten Oleksandr Usyk, holder of the WBA, IBF and WBO titles. They faced off in the ring after the bout and Usyk met Fury's insults with a smirk.

Their promoters failed this year to reach an agreement on a fight for the undisputed title.

More boxing news


Unlimited Digital AccessOnly 25¢for 5 months