With a smaller roster of fighters and only three weight classes, World Extreme Cagefighting can't really put together too many cards in one year.
But, they can very easily put together top-tier fight cards with most of their stars each time out. And that's just what WEC did Monday with the annoucement of the WEC 51 card on Sept. 30 in Bloomfield, Colo. And it's free on Versus rather than be a pay-per-view event like Aldo's last fight against Urijah Faber.
- Jose Aldo defends his featherweight title against the latest top contender Manny Gamburyan.
- Donald Cerrone and Jamie Varner renew their lightweight rivalry, and should Varner win, he'll probably get a title shot soon.
- Miguel Angel Torres tries to win a fight, after losing two, against Charlie Valencia.
- Leonard Garcia, who put on the fight of the year with the Korean Zombie last time out, fights Mark Hominick.
- Chan Sung Jung, the aforementioned "Korean Zombie," fights UFC veteran George Roop.