Five people suffered carbon monoxide poisoning inside a Valley Stream home Saturday night, authorities said.
Nassau County police officers went to the Elmont Road home, where they found three people — a 59-year-old man, a 27-year-old woman and a 5-year-old boy — who were lethargic and dizzy just after 7:30 p.m. police said.
The three victims were able to walk out of the home and were taken to a hospital for treatment, police said. The officers then went down to a basement bedroom and discovered two unconscious women in their 20s. They also were taken to a hospital where they were revived, police said.
Officials from the Elmont Fire Department, which responded to the scene, later determined the carbon monoxide came from an oil burner exhaust pipe, police said in a news release.