Three people saved a co-worker after he experienced an electric shock at a Yaphank business Friday morning, Suffolk police said.

The man, 47, was trying to repair a machine at Hi-Temp Specialty Metals when he appeared to have stopped breathing about 9:45 a.m., police said. He appeared to have been injured by contact with an electrical panel, police said.

John Stanislaw, Manju Mathew and Joe Smokovich performed CPR and used a defibrillator to revive him, police said.

Their co-worker was in stable condition and taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue, police said.

The business, at 355 Patchogue-Yaphank Rd., buys certain metals, including tungsten, from the electronics, lighting and glass industries and recycles them to sell to other industries, including aerospace, according to the company's website, which lists Smokovich as the chief executive, Stanislaw as the plant manager and Mathew as the technical director.

Authorities said the Occupational Safety and Health Administration was notified.

Latest videos