Health Tip: Avoid Holiday Weight Gain
The edible temptations may be endless during the holiday season. Experts say you should focus on maintaining your current weight, forgetting the notion that the holidays are a good time to lose a few pounds.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these tips to help avoid holiday weight gain:
- Get regular exercise every day. In fact, add some exercise to your daily routine to burn off any extra calories.
- Eat at least seven servings of fruits and vegetables each day to help fill you up without overloading on calories.
- Avoid temptations when possible; try to indulge in just one holiday treat per day.
- Eat something healthy before you head to a party.
- Make smart choices at the holiday buffet, and limit portion sizes.
- Don't be afraid to turn down a treat. Make the holidays more about socializing than eating.