Health Tip: Track Your Child's Sleep
If your child struggles to fall asleep, keeping a sleep diary can help figure out why.
The University of Michigan Health System suggests what to include in a sleep diary:
- The time your child woke in the morning.
- The time your child napped during the day, and how long the nap lasted.
- The time your child went to bed, and if possible, the time he or she fell asleep.
- Any problems your child had in falling asleep, any remedies and whether those remedies proved effective.
- The time, if any, your child awoke during the night, and how long your child stayed awake.
- How you handled your child's night waking, and whether it was effective.