Pleasant weather with comfortable temperatures are in store for the next two days on Long Island, the National Weather Service said.

Thursday and Friday should be mostly sunny with highs in the low to mid 80s, forecasters said. Lows at night should be in the high 60s. Both days should have calm winds out of the southwest.

The weekend, however, may bring showers. There is a 30% chance of rain after 2 p.m. on Saturday and that risk may last into Saturday evening. It should be mostly cloudy with a high of 84 during the day and about 68 degrees at night, the weather service said.

Sunday brings partly sunny skies with a high near 84 and a low around 70.

But next week looks to be wet and warm, the weather service said.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday all have a chance for rain in the forecast, starting with Sunday night when there is a 30% risk. Monday is mostly clouds and, both during the day and the evening, there is a 40% chance of showers with a high of 84 and a low of 68, forecasters said.

Tuesday should be also mostly cloudy and there is a 40% chance of rain and a high of 85 but the risk of showers comes down to 30% at night and Wednesday, there is a 30% chance of showers but otherwise it should be partly sunny with a high of 85 degrees, forecasters said. 

Latest Videos